Interested in learning a few facts about fires? You’ve come to the right place to gather that information. Whether you want more information about wildfires, house fires, firefighters, or something else, these interesting facts are sure to surprise you in just the right way. Here are a few interesting pieces of information that you might enjoy knowing.
· California is one of four states with an above-average number of annual wildfires
· More than 100 firemen are arrested each year for setting fires.
· Most house fires start in the kitchen
· John Leonard Orr is a Los Angeles police office and convicted arsonist and serial killer
· More than 18,000 people are injured in fires each year. More than 3,000 people are killed by fires every year.
· More than 5 million acres of land is destroyed by wildfire in the U.S. annually
· Fire is the second-leading cause of death in the U.S.
· It takes only 8 minutes for a house that is on fire to be fully engulfed and in collapse stage
· Fire damage causes more than $10.6 billion in property damage each year
· Candles started more than 9,000 house fires in 2016
· More than 100,000 wildfires occur in the US each year
· There are more than one million firefighters in the U.S.
· One in every four fires start in the kitchen
· You must be 17 years of age or older to become a volunteer firefighter in Los Angeles
It is important that you utilize fire protection services Los Angeles CA to protect yourself and those that you love from the devastating effects of a fire. It is scary to ponder these facts, but assuring to know that protection keeps you safe and it isn’t as difficult to gain as you’d suspect. Stay protected, my friend.